Thursday, May 1, 2014

Why are you still overweight?

Do you know your Why? The purpose, cause, or belief that inspires you to do what you do.

Four years ago today I made a choice that at the time I had no idea would forever change my life.

May 1st, 2010 I joined a program called the Mind Body Fit Club.  I will never forget the day that the
founder of the club, DeAnna Nunez called me and asked if I'd like her to drop off my program.  She arrived at my house all bright and beautiful as always and presented me with the greatest gift I've even been given.  It was a very unassuming black box wrapped up with a beautiful pink bow.  De'Anna and I opened up the box and she began showing me the tools of the MBFC.  The Sub-Conscious Integration CD's and the all important InfoJournal.  She explained to me how everything worked and then looked at me and asked when I was going to start?  I replied "Monday".  Right?  Because we always start a diet on a Monday.

What De'Anna said next was the most important question anyone has ever asked me.  She simply said "WHY"?  I have to admit that I was taken aback and was suddenly feeling a bit on the spot, because the first thought that went through my mind was "Well because I have a package of cookies I need to finish off before I start", but I knew that was not the answer that she was looking for. I just stood there and shrugged, not knowing how to answer her.  I didn't know why.  She said to me "Why Monday? Why not now? Diets start on Mondays Jaylene, this is not a diet"!

Why not now?  Or how about just "WHY"   I think that most of the weight loss industries focus' is on the How, and the What but they leave out the oh so important "WHY"   We all know how (exercise) and what (what healthy foods to eat) but not too many programs; at least none that I had tried in my past had asked me the magic question...WHY?

Have you ever really stopped and asked yourself:
  • Why am I overweight? 
  • Why am I waiting to shed my weight?
  • Why do I choose to sabotage my self over and over?
  • Why don't I exercise regularly?
  • Why do I think I over eat?
  • Why am I letting fear stop me from living my dream life?

It took me thirteen and a half months to shed my weight and all along the way I kept asking myself my "Why's"  and each time I found an answer I moved on to my next WHY?  Once I had a few Whys behind me, the what and the how became easier and easier.  WHY?  Because I was suddenly awake and aware of behaviors I had for years just ignored.  I knew WHY peanuts were my go to binge food.  I knew WHY I had hidden in that over weight body for so long.  More importantly, I knew WHY I was no longer going to let my own self limiting beliefs hold me back from living the happiest days of my life yet.

In closing I ask that you open your mind to new ideas, and new ways of thinking.  Seek out the answers that will create long lasting success and believe that you will be successful.  And from now on I challenge you to always ask WHY?

Jaylene

Jaylene Welch
MBFC Content Manager
Don't Diet, Live Fit!

What is The Mind Body Fit Club?

We all need knowledgeable and wise people to lead us out of the common pitfalls of paralyzing fear, constant doubt, hovering insecurity, and into our amazing strength, uncommon brilliance, beauty, and boldness that has been present all along. You don't have to struggle alone!

With The Mind Body Fit Club we will help you find your own inner voice, discover your own inner Fit Chick and take uncommon visionary steps leading to an explosion of amazing success, confidence, happiness, and fun! You aren't here to do what has been done before. You're here to live the dream and do the work you came to do, in the way that you came to do it.

The time is now to go beyond fear, stand in your strength, and own your power and bravery. Visit The Mind Body Fit Club webisite for more information on how you too can begin living a fitter, happier, healthier life!

www.BurnYourFatPants.com




No comments:

Post a Comment